martedì 18 maggio 2010

CUBE and ROLLUP options in GROUP BY

For my actual project i am studying CUBE and ROLLUP option in GROUP BY.
These options are present from Oracle 8i and are very interesting :

ROLLUP

Rollup enables a SELECT statement to calculate multiple levels of subtotals across a specified group of dimension. Really is an extension of GROUP BY clause.
In this example are summarized totals and sales for Departments and Job Title with each totals for Department.

















CUBE

Cube enables a SELECT statement to calculate subtotals for all possible combinations of a group of dimension.
In this example are summarized totals and sales for Departments and Job Title with each totals for Department and also for each job title.






















Stay connected.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Check first quarter 2024

 Hi all Today, 1st May I'll check my 2024 goals. This is the first time I check it. For me it's a good way to reach more objective p...