mercoledì 27 marzo 2013

Regular Expression

Hi all

Today i want speak about "Regular Expression".

As well described on Wikipedia : "In computing, a regular expression is a specific pattern that provides concise and flexible means to "match" (specify and recognize) strings of text, such as particular characters, words, or patterns of characters."

A good reference site for "Regular Expression" is http://www.regular-expressions.info/, there are presents examples, references, books, etc ....


Behind my desk I posted this Quick Guide really useful, above posted :


To test my regular expression i use a good web site : http://tools.netshiftmedia.com/regexlibrary/#, is a javascript regular expression validator that permits insert two test strings.

Regular expression are been inserted in Oracle Database from 10th version with four functions :


  • REGEXP_LIKE
  • REGEXP_INSTR
  • REGEXP_REPLACE
  • REGEXP_SUBSTR
Here you can find more information about.


It's all.

Stay tuned.








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Check first quarter 2024

 Hi all Today, 1st May I'll check my 2024 goals. This is the first time I check it. For me it's a good way to reach more objective p...